Once your tattoo is done, it’s not too hard to make sure it heals the best that it can.
- When finished your tattoo artist would have covered your tattoo. Leave this cover on for NO MORE than 2 hours. Once cover is removed, wash the tattooed area with warm soapy water.
- Always allow the area to air dry. Using clean hands apply a very thin film of Tinkture tattoo aftercare to the area every 2-3 hours, do not let your tattoo dry out. Use only enough oil to cover the tattoo without leaving excess on the surface
- Shower as normal, but no soaking, swimming, or direct sunlight or tanning booths (spray or light), for two weeks. When drying, gently pat dry, do not rub. NEVER put oil on when tattoo is wet, always wait for it to dry.
- Do not allow animal fur to come in contact with your tattoo, it can increase the risk of infection
- Do not rub or pick the treated area while it is healing. Loss of colour and/or infection could occur
- Extreme sun and exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. This can be minimised by using a strong sunscreen, at least SPF30
- Most importantly, use common sense, a new tattoo s like a graze so when the dry layer forms in the first few days let it heal, no scratching, itching, or picking, and let the flaky skin fall away by itself. This is normal healing and this process can take 7-14 days.
If you have any questions regarding the healing process please call us or email your tattoo artist, and when your tattoo is fully healed please re-visit the studio so we can photograph your tattoo.